GAME CANCELLATIONS – CHANGE OF GAME DATE/LOCATION/TIME
GAME CHANGE POLICY – START OF SEASON
- JBA to issue Game Schedule on or about the Tuesday prior to Thanksgiving
- Towns/Organizations have until the following Tuesday to contact JBA website email ([email protected]association.com) with Change of Game Date, Location, and Time. Email to JBA must include game ID#.
- The JBA Board of Directors will evaluate the Game Change Request. The JBA will only accept a missed conflict date or new school/gym closing; JBA will move game on Schedule to 4/1
- The Cancelling Team must contact The Opposing Team, to try to resolve any 4/1 games and find a new Game Date. JBA must be notified by website email of new Game Date, Location, and Time to post on Schedule.
GAME CANCELLATION POLICY
- Game Cancellation Policy – No game will be cancelled without league approval. Teams do not call their opponent to cancel. The JBA Board of Directors must be contacted
- 4/1, 4/2, 5/1, 5/2 system of recording game to be scheduled/re-scheduled
- Once approved, the Cancelling Team must contact the Opposing Team to try to resolve any 4/1, 5/1, or 5/2 games and find a new Game Date. JBA must be notified by website email of new Game Date, Location, and Time to post on Schedule. If the home team cannot secure gym time, the game will be played at the opposite site.
- Forfeit system to ensure games are played or not cancelled/changed at last minute.
- All teams get game reminders with notifications that officials are assigned
SHORT NOTICE CANCELLATION POLICY (7 days or less)
- For any Short Notice Cancellation, the Canceling Team must contact their Town/Organization Director, Who will in-turn, contact via phone & email the JBA Board. Unless approved by the JBA Board, the cancelling team will receive a forfeit.
- Any unapproved cancellation (48 hours or Less) or No Show, the Cancelling Team must pay the JBA $100 to reimburse 2 Referees (penalty fees) and will receive a forfeit
- Any team with 2 forfeits or unpaid penalty fees, will be ineligible for the playoff tournament
ALL TEAMS SHOULD CONTACT THE JBA BOARD OF DIRECTORS WITH ANY GYM ISSUES IMMEDIATELY
- JBA Games will only be postponed due to weather related reasons or school closings. Postponed games for inclement weather should be made up as soon as possible after the postponement.
- A 4/2 date will be entered for a game cancelled to school closing due to weather.
- Postponed games will be placed on the schedule as 5/1 (home team issue), or 5/2 (visiting team issue) games. Teams must find a new Game Date. JBA must be notified by website email of new Game Date, Location, and Time to post on Schedule. If the home team cannot secure gym time, the game will be played at the opposite site.
- Failure to reschedule can result in a forfeit for 1 or both teams.
JBA RETAINS THE RIGHT TO ARBITRATE A FAIR SOLUTION TO ALL GAME CHANGES.